to God’s Discovery Kids Preschool in Rosemount, MN
Our mission is to provide a fun, safe and distinctive Christian preschool setting that is developmentally appropriate for three, four and five-year-olds. GDK Preschool is a place children can learn about God’s love, socialize, create and stretch their bodies in a warm, caring Christian environment.
Our experienced preschool teachers are dedicated to nurturing each child according to his/her strengths and needs, instilling confidence to explore his/her environment, and challenging each child to develop to his/her full potential.
GDK preschool prepares children for spiritual, cognitive, physical, social and emotional success in Kindergarten through the following activities:
- Music & Movement
- Sensory Exploration
- Monthly Jesus Time with Pastoral staff
- Calendar and Circle Time
- Show and Tell
- Dramatic Play
- Science, Math and Language Centers
- Art Experiences
- Gym & Outdoor Play Time
GDK children participate in class parties to celebrate the holidays throughout the year. Visitors such as firemen and dentists come to class. Family and friends are invited to watch the children perform in Christmas and End-of-Year programs.
GDK offers a 3-year old class, 4-year old class and a 5-year old class. Listed below are the goals and focus for each class.
- Separate successfully
- Interact with peers
- Loving and safe environment
- Imaginative play
- Exposure to: colors, shapes, numbers and letters….but not expecting mastery
- Meeting & exceeding District 196 guidelines for Kindergarten readiness
- Imaginative play
- Encourage positive life skills
- Self-initiating interactions
- Reinforcement and another year of growth in all areas for Kindergarten readiness
- Attention span
- Following directions
- Socialization process
- For a child who is not yet ready for Kindergarten whether it be birth date or developmental aspects
For more information, please send an email
to the GDK Director, Rachel James
If your child is not old enough yet for preschool, Rosemount UMC has a program called London Bridge for 2 and young 3 year olds.